I never thought I’d be happy for my dogs to be in heat, but now that Kess has come in too (she actually started the same day as Hannah), I can rest easy that at least the two of them will be done long before I embark on my travels.  This will make me feel better about leaving them with a friend for a couple of nights as well.  I was worried that I’d be leaving her with three bitches in standing heat, but now the worst case scenario will be just one.  And hopefully none!

Not a whole lot to report today.  I’ve been working and working and working.  Yesterday I put in a 12.5 hour day, and most days last week were about the same.  Today I just couldn’t get going on the mountain of work that remains and must be finished by Tuesday.  Instead I spent time catching up on my life – I cooked, I cleaned, I ran errands, I did laundry, and I spent some time with the dogs.  Now I am trying to do a bit of work before bed.

Because the girls are in heat, I canceled my agility class for Tuesday.  That’s a good thing as we haven’t done any practicing since our last lesson.  Well, hardly any.  I did get the clicker out and do a few things yesterday.  I don’t like running the girls at the conservation area when they are in heat – the forest is dense, and other dogs and coyotes are always about.  Neither is standing yet, but I don’t want to take any chances.  So I have to entertain them on my property.  This is probably a good thing as I have been doing so little with their brains for ages now.  Being forced to tire them out on half an acre will do good things for their training.  And after Tuesday I’ll get back to stock work at long last.  I was going to start this weekend but got swamped with this last minute job.  I’m not complaining as this will be the last paid work I have until August, and I can use every penny I can earn right now.

Speaking of work, I had best get down to it before I start falling asleep.  If I can just get rolling a little on it tonight, that will make getting an early start much easier.